Wednesday, September 7, 2011

32 Before 32

Ok...without further ado here it is my 32 before 32 list.  I'm hoping to get more done on this one than last year's list.  I'm going to attempt to capture all these items with pictures...but we'll see how long my memory lasts.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd go! 

  1. Run a mile. 
  2. Start and successfully complete the Couch to 5k program (without dying)
  3.  Host a dinner party 
  4. Get an actual bicycle (no more exercise bike) and take rides with SS 
  5. Take a train ride with my husband. 
  6. Purchase, install, and hang curtains in every room of the house. 
  7. Go hiking 
  8. Camp…my version of camping, you know, in a cabin with heat/air conditioning 
  9. Attend my second Virginia Tech Hokie football game (went to 1 my freshman year and never went back) (12/3/11 - A memorable experience!)
  10. Organize the office…not just piles of junk (12/29/11 - I can't claim credit for this one.  SS was a huge shredding machine and cleaned out a lot of the office.  Now to keep it clean.)
  11. Begin decluttering the house. (27 fling boogie anyone?) (1/14/12 - Packed up all the baby stuff and have a huge pile to go to charity.)
  12. Cook at home 5 days a week for a month 
  13. Try 2 new recipes per week, for a month 
  14. Play soccer with my husband 
  15. Take a cooking class 
  16. Try new cuisines:  still interested in Thai…Japanese skeers me 
  17. Visit the Biltmore
  18.  Participate in “team jersey” day at work – finally! (10/27/11 - Woohoo!)
  19. Wear SS’s clothes like “normal” girls do (12/31/11 - All my jeans were in the wash, so I grabbed a pair of SS's, which are now too big.  I've missed my window!  Luckily, I still have all his Hokie t-shirts to steal .... er, wear.)
  20.  Purchase new shower curtain and complete the “I Love Lucy” bathroom 
  21. Visit a new and exciting place
  22. Try something I’ve never done before (9/10/11 - Coach soccer)
  23. Purchase actual running shoes in order to complete #2. (11/25/11 - BIG thanks to my in-laws.  I LOVE my Nike Moto 8s.)
  24. Try Mellow Mushroom. (9/6/11 - Verdict: Meh.  Expensive and greasy.  Pizza isn't really my thing anymore.) 
  25. Make Buckeye Bars and give them away (9/15/11 - I gave all but 2 away.  They were good, but my mom's buckeyes are better.)
  26. Attend a festival (German American, Greek, Polish, WHATEVER) or fair (county or otherwise) (9/10/11 - Opa!)
  27. Successfully navigate a corn maze (10/1/11 - Well, sort of!)
  28. Do 3 kinds things for others for no reason (10/1/11 - started "You've been boo'd" at work, 11/5/11 - baked 3 batches of cookies and gave to friends,...
  29. Get rid of all my pre-op and other clothes that no longer fit (12/16/11 - Another load taken to friends and donated.  Soon, I'll be weeding them out again.
  30. Do something fun for SS’s birthday
  31. Create or purchase a piece of art for the house 
  32. Reach my goal weight
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment