Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Exercise Nut

I think I have cracked the exercise nut!  Huzzah!

This is what I've learned.  Traditional exercise is boring.  I'm pedaling a bike...to nowhere.  I'm walking... to nowhere.  Snoresville.  Traditional exercise does not work for me.

However!  I love to dance.  I've always loved to dance.  I took dance lessons for 11 years.  I've done tap, jazz, ballet (the year I broke my arm), and gymnastics (I quite because I couldn't get off the ground without pushing myself up with my hand and I was tired of the teacher yelling at me).  I. love. dance.  I can't tell you how many times I've made DH watch Center Stage, So You Think You Can Dance, Dirty Dancing, Footloose, etc.  The poor man has had dancing shows up to his eyeballs.  

Cue my in-laws (see what I did there...dancing pun, ha ha, I kill me)... 

Several years ago, my in-laws started taking ballroom dancing lessons.  I was so jealous.  That sounds like fun.  Then at the beach, they discovered the Carolina Shag.  Over Spring Break, we went with them to Fat Harold's at the beach.  I know, I know...the name. We participated in the lesson and danced for a while.  It wasn't too bad.  It took me a while to catch on (I used to catch on more quickly) but once we got the basic step it proved to be pretty fun.  

This past weekend, we visited my in-laws.  Last night, we went to their club and went dancing.

Oh.

My.

Gravy.

I had so much fun!  We danced for almost 2 hours and while it was exercise, it didn't FEEL like exercise.  It was fantastic.  I think the moment I was sold was when they played "Don't Stop Believin'". I love dancing to songs I know.

So SS and I are looking to find a shag club in town so that we can dance more frequently.  

Now, get off the computer and go try the shag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment