Elapsed Time: I will be 8 months post-op as of February 7th. I'm rounding up.
Scale Reading: I'm 127 pounds down from my highest weight, 87 pounds down from surgery.
State of Mind: Generally...pretty good. The scale can still send me into a downward spiral, but I'm getting better at pulling myself out of it and not letting it affect me in the first place. SS still says I worry a lot...too much, but hey, it's what I do.
Food: Meh. Food is food. I'm eating whole grain Eggo waffles with peanut butter for breakfast (1 waffle, but it's the highlight of my day). Nothing really sounds "good" a lot of the time. I just try to find something that I figure I can stomach. I'm to the point where I'm having to watch what I can eat a lot more. I have so many more options now.
Cravings: Cookies. Luckily, I may have found some protein cookies that will satisfy my cravings when I can't put it off anymore. I've also stopped buying sugar free candies. I can't stay out of them so I'm better off not having them in the house.
Cooking: I do so much better with my calories and nutrition stuff when I cook at home. Add to that the fact that I enjoy cooking and I'm really committed to cooking at home more. I'm using Mealfire and I'm really enjoying it. I love that it makes my list for me. I'd like to get more efficient at utilizing the weekly sales, but I'm working on it.
Protein Shakes: What are those? (hee hee)
Head Games: I'm constantly worried that I've stretched out my pouch. I know it's a common worry, but I'm so afraid of screwing this up, too...
Exercise: We haven't found anywhere in town to dance, but I did get EA Active 2. It's the first exercise I've been able to maintain for an extended period of time. I've burned over 4,000 calories this month using it. I'd say that's progress. I also have a friend at work that I walk with after work each night. Well, not Thursdays, but every other night. Sometimes I try to do both the walking AND the EA Active. More is better right? I have a friend that exercises for like 3 hours and burns 1,500 calories per session. I don't think I'll ever be that person, but I'm moving and it's a start!
Clothes: My "new" Lane Bryant pants are getting big. I haven't bought many new clothes recently...because my weight loss stalled to almost nothing. However, I'm thinking I may have to get a new bathing suit for our trip. That shopping trip should be special. OH! I got a new bra a few weeks ago that fits correctly. I now have torpedo boobs (sorry, Mom, but I totally do).
Frustrations: I'm not losing weight as quickly as most other people. It's not "easy." I've only lost 85 pounds since surgery...I'm beginning to feel like a failure who's doing everything wrong.
Previous Goals Update:
- Unpack and sort at least 2 boxes of stuff from the move. Someday I will get my laundry room back. Really need to have a yard sale, too. - Woohoo! Done. It's been sorted, the majority of trash has been taken out, and a ton has been FreeCycled. I need to get some shelves installed for all the board games, but it looks a lot better!
- Paint the bedroom...hint, hint SS. Hint. Hint. - Done and GORGEOUS! I love, love, love it. See previous posts for pictures.
New Goals:
- Keep up the exercise. In fact, increase the exercise.
- Cut down eating out to 2 or less times a week (that one is going to be hard).
Upcoming Events:
- SS's birthday...I'm trying to convince him to go to the Aquarium, but it looks like it may be a quiet, boring birthday...again.
- DISNEY! Have you checked the countdown yet? Some of us (me) check it every day!

No comments:
Post a Comment