6 weeks until we leave!
Tomorrow is that "big" Hallmark holiday. SS and I have never been big Valentine's Day people. Generally, we don't do cards, presents, or special dinners. Why? Is it totally cheesy to say every day feels like Valentine's Day? Yeah, I thought so too. Honestly, SS takes such good care of me that I don't feel like I need one day, 8 days after his birthday, to be fawned over. We try to do special things together throughout the year. That being said, I totally love the new Hallmark commercial: "Valentine's Day isn't about saying 'I love you,' it's about saying 'I love us.'" EXACTLY! But enough about the dreaded day...
Today, I was in a bit of a funk. No idea why, just was. So SS whipped out a surprise. We went shopping. I know it's wrong, but shopping makes me happy. Besides, I need shoes for our trip so I can start breaking them in. We left very early and grabbed some lunch. We were still at the mall an hour before it opened so instead of driving around to do something, we walked for an hour. It wasn't "fun" but it was an easy way to exercise while killing time.
Once the mall opened, we went to Lane Bryant. First, up until last fall I hadn't been able to shop at Lane Bryant since my junior year of high school BEFORE they changed over to what they are now (back when they were like the catalog).
Anyway.. I needed some new pants for work. My old ones (28s) are getting big even though I've used the buttons to make them smaller. So I figured I'd get some new ones. I grabbed a pair of 24s and a pair of 26s. Instead of trying on 2 pairs of pants, I figured I would start with the 24s. Holy moly, they fit! In fact...they were a bit big. Good old SS says, "I'll go get you some 22s" (love that man). When he brings them back he hands me a pair of 22s and a pair of 20s. "20s! Yeah right!" I scoffed. (Can you see where this is going?)
The 20s fit! They were way too tight - jeggings, anyone? But by God, THEY FIT*.
Then I fit into a 2x t-shirt type shirt. It was a little too clingy for me so I got the 3x, but again, THEY FIT.
I also learned that it's too soon for bathing suits. Bathing suits are tight. Tight scares me. Tight hides nothing. I like to hide things. I have lots of things to hide.
So I may make it through this whole "month of no weighing" yet.
* I've decided Lane Bryant's clothes run large. Considering I'm 5'6 and the petite pants are the exact right length. Average length is too long and the Long length. Oh my Maude, it was like I was wearing boots.
Heck YEAH 22s! That's awesome!!
ReplyDelete