Highlights
- The hotel was gorgeous. I'd never stayed there before, but it was delightful. Though, on the rainy days I wished we were at a hotel that wasn't quite so spread out.
| A small portion of our hotel |
| These little guys were waiting for us when we arrived... |
- The food. Made me wish we'd gone BEFORE my surgery, because holy moly could I have eaten well then. As it was, I enjoyed my sugar free desserts and light lemonades. If you're planning a trip to Disney soon, I highly recommend the dining plan. I wish we had a kid, because the two of us could have EASILY shared the vast amounts of food we were served. Favorite meal: Coral Reef Cafe, followed closely by the Hollywood Brown Derby.
| Hello sugar free dessert...I think I love you. |
- PhotoPass - Again, if you're planning a trip, I highly recommend the photo pass. We pre-purchased our cd (saving over $50) and ended up with 78 pictures. Add the special additions they have available online and we'll be getting a cd with over 120 pictures. Money, well spent.
| Imagine pictures like this...but good, and with SS and I in them. |
- Behind the Seeds Tour - A behind the scenes tour at Disney where picture taking is not only allowed, but encouraged? It was also incredibly reasonable in price. I looked at several other tours, but an 8 hour tour? Neat...but I didn't want to give up that much of our prime Disney time. The Behind the Seeds tour lasted an hour. It was one of my favorite parts of the trip.
Tomato tree! Really neat!
- 2, count them, TWO complete rain-out days. In all the times I've been to Disney, and there have been several, I've never had a total rain day. We had 2. Not to say we didn't have fun on those day, we did. We were just...wet. Really, really wet. But the lines were short!
- The crowds got progressively worse as the week went on. By Thursday afternoon, I was more than ready to leave. Rude parents, obnoxious children, it was all a bit much.
- My love affair with roller coasters is officially over. When I was in high school, I loved roller coasters. We would go to the local amusement park (now defunct) and I would ride the corkscrew over and over and over again. It was exhilarating. Then I got too big (in my mind...never tried it to be sure) to ride roller coasters. So when we went for our honeymoon we skipped the roller coasters. Now having ridden Aerosmith's Rock `N Rollercoaster (thought I was gonna die), Space Mountain (the total darkness threw me for a loop), and Expedition Everest (again, thought I was gonna die)...I never care to ride another roller coaster again. Sigh. Getting old stinks.
| Expedition Everest...we totally rode that. It looks a lot higher when you're in that teeny, tiny little car heading up the side of the mountain. |
I have pictures in a photo album at Wal-Mart.com if you'd like to see all the pictures. Send me a message.
Sigh. Now it's back to work. Ick.
No comments:
Post a Comment