He recommended Pro-Stat 64. One of his family members had been told to drink Pro-Stat after hip surgery. He'd checked it out and found that is was very bariatric surgery friendly.
Furthermore, in 30mL (2 tablespoons) you get 15g of protein for only 72 calories. Read that again. 15 grams of protein! This stuff is perfect for those days when I don't feel well and it's 8pm and I'm still stuck at 70 grams of protein. Pro-Stat will boost me into a more appropriate protein range quickly and easily. Have I mentioned it's sugar free, too?
I found my Pro-Stat 64 on Amazon, but through some searching today, I see that it's also available through Bariatric Choice. I also found pre-measured "shots" here.
Now for the taste test...
It should be noted that I didn't do the full 30mL. I couldn't find my littler cup thingie so I used one of the medicine syringes that I got from Target. It only does 10mL. I figured in syringe form, there is less chance of wussing out. It's a lot like giving one of our cats a pill. Shoot it in there and swallow real quick.
| Funny...for wild cherry punch flavor, I'd figure it would be red. |
Sight: Thicker than water, but syrupy. I had fears of children's tylenol in the G-tube, but it wasn't quite that thick.
Smell: Sigh. The old whey smell is there and it's pungent. That is a smell I haven't missed. At all.
Taste:
Um. It wasn't horrible. Was it the worst thing I've ever eaten since WLS surgery? Heck, no! Do I want to do it again soon? No, thank you.
If nothing else, that lurking in the pantry will keep me ever vigilant on getting my protein in every day.
You can read the full label here.
No comments:
Post a Comment