Monday, September 12, 2011

FMM: All About Me

Once again, thanks to Kenlie for hosting!


 FMM: All About Me

  1.  What are your talents? Um...I'm fairly good at computers.  My cousin calls me an expert Googler.
  2. What is your best habit? Another good one...I have no idea.  I asked SS and he says that I always "do the right thing."  I don't know about that, but it's better than what I could come up with. 
  3. If you had to be stuck with someone in an elevator for 8 hours, who would you want it to be? Julie Andrews!  I could ask her all kinds of questions and maybe some of her ladylike qualities would wear off on me. 
  4. Share one odd fact about you that we’d never know to ask. When I'm thinking, I touch my tongue to the roof of my mouth.  I never realized I did it until SS pointed it out. 
  5. What’s your latest project (work, home, whatever you care to share?)  Rearranging at work.  I just got 6 brand new floor to practically ceiling cabinets and now I'm trying to get all my stuff hidden under tables neatly put away in my cabinets.  It's looking better already! 
  6. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? This is tough to answer because there are so many options. I think I'd change my hair.  I wish I had naturally curly hair.  Straight hair just doesn't suit me. 
  7. What do you do in your spare time? Read, catch up with friends on Facebook, cook, and blog. 
  8. What is your biggest pet peeve? Currently?  Or in general?  Common word confusions...my current pet peeve is loose instead of lose.  I want to lose weight, not loose it. 
  9. Why do you blog? When I had my surgery last year, I figured what better way to chronicle this whole process.  Some day I'll have this to look back on and marvel at how far I've come. 
  10. Are you tidy or messy? I'm a little bit of both.  A place for everything and everything in it's place...however, real life tends to rear it's head and things get out of hand quickly.  I can tolerate a certain amount of chaos, but there reaches a point when it starts "tweaking me out."  I get twitchy and anxious. 
  11. What’s the last song that played on your iPod? Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO (I can't help but dance to that song.) 
  12. Do you cook?  If so, what’s for dinner tonight? I really enjoy cooking when I haven't had to work all day.  Prepping and cutting and cleaning up is a lot of work after working all day.  Consequently, I cook more on the weekends and in the summer.  Tonight, we were supposed to be steak, but our a/c is still out and when I got home the steaks were warm.  I'm not brave enough to eat warm, gray steaks.  So we grabbed something so SS could be home for his interview. 
  13. Do you like sports?  If so, list your teams. I didn't really care for sports until I met SS.  Now, I love soccer.  (Don't tell him though, I still use my watching soccer to get things out of him.) 
  14. How often do you read and/or watch the news? Every few days 
  15. Did you stick to your new Year’s resolution this year?  If so, elaborate. I didn’t really make a resolution this year.  
  16. What are you looking forward to most in the remainder of 2011?  Getting back on track eating wise so I can lose more weight. 
  17. Shoes, sunglasses or handbags?  Shoes, I suppose.  Though, my feet are really picky.  
  18. How do you feel about sleeping on satin sheets?  I found satin sheets to be hot.  I'm a cheap cotton sheet kinda girl. 
  19. Do you sing in the shower? Nah, I'm a get in there, get things done, get out kind of girl in the shower.  If I had a radio (and more time) in there, I would totally sing. 
  20. Describe yourself in one word. High-maintenance
Your turn!

5 comments:

  1. Hello from FMM! I am so glad that I found your blog because we have so much in common. I'm going to bookmark it and catch up. I'm also going to be getting wls - VSG for me. And I'm a teacher - high school English.

    My major work "to do" this year is to get my file cabinets, desk drawers, and closets neat and organized. I'm so great at home, but at school things get messy. I think the main thing I need to do is throw out most of it, since I use the electronic copies anyway. Good luck to both of us on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the opposite, school is neat, home is generally a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie Andrews, excellent choice. I've always adored her. Love these posts, you get to a bit about someone in just a few minutes! I don't really care for sports either, but thankfully - my husband isn't really a sports guy. Nice to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Party Rock Anthem! That is just a really fun song! There's no way yuo can sit still while listening to it!

    stopping in from FMM - your stats are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie Andrews! Why didn't I think of her? The Sound of Music Tour is the sole reason I included Salzburg on my romping around Europe!

    ReplyDelete