Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Double standard much?

I'm a big fan of Glee.  Don't judge.  ;)  I've been a loyal watcher since the first episode of the first season.  I was in choir in high school, I like music and singing.  Plus, I love the way they change up the pop songs.  I prefer the Glee version of several songs...there I said it.  Full disclosure,  I've also been reading Tom & Lorenzo's recaps of the shows the day after.  Some of their points I agree with, some I don't.  I do agree if the music is great, the acting/story line suffers and vice versa.

However, I have one big beef with Glee.  Why is it perfectly acceptable, funny even for Santana to call Finn fat and make fun of his weight, but if someone makes fun of a gay character the whole show grinds to a halt and becomes borderline preachy?

Double standard much?

No comments:

Post a Comment