If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new,
please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog
then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so
we can all see your FMM questions and answers.
FMM: Goals for 2012
Generally, I don't make resolutions. I find too often that by February they're a distant memory. I have been working diligently on my 32 before 32 list, which is kind of like resolutions.
That being said, my plan for 2012 is to "get back to basics" so to speak. At 18 months post-op, I'm no longer afraid of dumping. I pretty much know what will cause me to dump (damn you, liquid sugar). I've realized in 2011 that I just can't handle the temptation. If it's something I'm not supposed to have, it just can't come in the house. Luckily, SS is very supportive and pretends he doesn't mind that there isn't a slice of bread or rogue potato in our house.
I'm also going to attempt to learn to love myself. As is. Not when I'm 40 pounds thinner. Not when I've lost 2 pounds. Not when I've exercised as much as I can tolerate. Not when I'm having a good hair day. I want to be okay with myself no matter my size. Something tells me it's going to take more than a year to get to that point.

Happy New Year! Stopping by from FMM.
ReplyDeleteFirst, let me say I love your blog! I'm so glad I found it. I'm pre-op for VSG, and I'm working hard to lose the weight my surgeon has set for me before they'll perform the surgery.
I love your 32 before 32, and look forward to following your journey.
This is an awesome piece "'m also going to attempt to learn to love myself. As is. Not when I'm 40 pounds thinner. Not when I've lost 2 pounds. Not when I've exercised as much as I can tolerate. Not when I'm having a good hair day. I want to be okay with myself no matter my size. Something tells me it's going to take more than a year to get to that point. "
ReplyDeleteIt will take some time, but I just can't think of a project that is more worthwhile. AT ALL.
You can get there and I will be here, cheering you on. FMM Works!
Emily from http://justemily.blog.com/
I read your 32 before 32 - I saw a FlyLady reference!! LOL! Love her!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your list & have a Happy New Year!
Stopping in from FMM.
Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHere from FMM - Such a crazy idea I never even thought of it - loving oneself! It seems like it shouldn't be so hard and yet it is....I hope you reach all of your goals! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy I found your blog. You have great goals. I think we all need to learn to love ourselves. Good Luck. I look forward to reading more from you!
ReplyDeleteI am a new follower. If you would like follow me back at:
http://chrystalsnewweigh.blogspot.com/
Chystal
Happy New Year LMQ! Found your blog via FMM. Congratulations on your weight loss. What an incredible success. I think your goal to learn to love your self is so worthwhile and I hope it takes you less than a year to reach it. Best wishes for a great 2012.
ReplyDelete