Friday, January 27, 2012

Lock Down

SS has me on lock down.  For once, I'm not fighting him.  He very reasonably requested that I not run, try Zumba, or lift heavy things for a few weeks until I get some test results back from my appointments this week.  I think it's a huge sign of how much I love this man that I am listening.

If you know me you know that telling (or even sometimes asking) me not to do something is pretty much going to result in me doing just that.  I'm stubborn like that.  According to my mother, I get that from my father and my grandfather.  She's pretty darn stubborn too when it comes down to it.  Stubbornness is good when it makes you stick with something until you've accomplished your goal.  Stubbornness is NOT good when you dig in your heels about stupid stuff.

Being on lock down has made me really hungry.  I hate feeling "hungry."  It makes me feel out of control.  If you haven't realized, I hate being out of control.  I finally realized tonight, I'm not hungry.  I'm bored.  Normally, I keep pretty busy.  At work, at home, on the weekends, I'm constantly moving.  Throw in a load of laundry, make the bed, plan a lesson, vacuum the living room, chase the cat with said vacuum (just kidding), I'm constantly moving.  Sitting in bed stinks.  All I can do is make lists of things that need done, turn my brain to mush with television (currently watching the Glee movie - meh), or peruse Pinterest and pin lots of yummy looking recipes or ideas of stuff I want to do around the house.  Normally, when I get like this, I ban myself from the kitchen and find something active to do.  Run, Wii Fit, EA Active - something to distract me!

I'm in a good mood...I want to dance and jump around.  I can't.  Grrr....it's frustrating.  We're hoping to go to a movie this weekend, so I am really looking forward to getting out of the house.  Maybe I can talk him into frozen yogurt, too.  Big day!

For now, I am going to go back to "eating by the clock." 8, 11, 2, 5, and 8.  That's when I will eat.  I will measure out my food and when I'm done, if I'm still hungry.  Oh well. 

What are some things you do to distract yourself from thinking you're hungry?  Any ideas I can do on lock down?

3 comments:

  1. I chew gum. I know it's totally not healthy, but the peppermint and chewing helps. I also force the kids to play with me, despite the whining of, "Aw, mooooom!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gum is a great idea. I used to chew gum to help me not eat...unfortunately, it's a big no-no now.

    I'll just have to get SS to play some board games with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should do something with your hands - like type a blog post :) or crochet or something that would make eating awkward.

    Drinking tea helps me, too. And if it's herbal, you could count it toward your water intake.

    ReplyDelete