Monday, February 6, 2012

FMM: Habits

First, and most importantly, happy birthday to my dear, sweet SS!  Currently, we don't have any big birthday celebration plans, but I'm hoping our financial situation changes soon so we can do something half as awesome as SS.  The guy deserves it.  When he passes his comprehensive final, we'll have TWICE the reason to celebrate.

And now on to Friend Makin' Monday hosted by Kenlie!
FMM: Habits

1.  Are you proactive, or do you procrastinate?  Generally, I'm proactive.  I'm the person who comes home and does all my homework on Friday night so I can enjoy my weekend.  Luckily, I don't have the luxury of postponing lesson plans so none of that Sunday evening scrambling for me.

2.  Do you eat breakfast everyday? Yep.  During the week, protein shake.  Saturdays during rec soccer season, protein bar.  Sundays, SS and I go out for breakfast at a local place.  $9 for the two of us to eat, yes please!  In general, I'm not a breakfast person.  I can tolerate eggs once a week...more than that is torture.

3.  How much time do you spend watching TV on an average day?  Way too darn much.  It's pretty much always on, unless we're not home.  Generally, it's in the background while we do other things, but in the evenings, we do love our shows.


4.  Do you talk on the phone, or do you prefer e-mail and/or text messages?  I hate the phone.  Hate. It.  In general, I make SS answer my phone.  The only exception I make is for my parents.  (Hi Dad!  Hi Mom!)

5.  Do you exercise in the morning, afternoon or evening? I am not a morning person.  I need to exercise the minute I get home, or I won't do it.  Plus, it gives me endorphins to cook dinner.  Next week, I'm hoping to get back into the habit of exercise (I've been REALLY bad about it since November) by starting a renegade Zumba class at work.  A bunch of us are going to get together after work and dance our little hearts out.  I have the feeling hilarity will ensue.

6.  Do you take time for yourself regularly? If so, how do you spend that time?   I talked about this briefly yesterday.  Time away from SS is the time I do things I don't want to do while he's home.  Dishes, house cleaning, etc.  I enjoy putting on music and dancing around by myself while I clean. I know it sounds weird, but it's oddly therapeutic.

7.  How often do you make your bed? On the weekends or after I've made the bed.  The cats get cranky if they can't get under the covers.

8.  Do you plan meals? If so, how far in advance?  I really try to.  When I have a plan for the week, I can easily switch out what we're doing when, but not having to try to figure out what to make for dinner is wonderful...now if someone would come in and do all those pesky dishes, I'd be in heaven.

9.  Do you wake up at the same time everyday? Is "as late as humanly possible" considered the same time?  During the week, I roll out of bed (ok, SS practically drags me out of bed) around 7:10.  On the weekend, I'm generally up around 8.

10.  How often do you brush your teeth?  Once a day, whether they need them or not!  Just kidding.  Always in the morning, but I admit, sometimes I forget at night.  I can't chew gum so I keep a toothbrush handy at work in case of emergency...or parent conference.

What about you?  What are some of your habits?


1 comment:

  1. Our answers are really similar on a lot of these. I can't wait to read a future post about the "renegade zumba."

    ReplyDelete