I miss my scale. I really miss it. I REALLY want it back. Luckily, SS is smarter than me and is keeping it's location well hidden. Though, I think I ask him for it back every day.
I rationalize my obsession with the knowledge that weighing every day keeps me from getting lazy and reverting into bad habits. That part is true, but I think it's become too much about a number. Hey, I'll admit when I'm wrong! It happens so infrequently that it's not that hard. Just kidding...mostly.
SS offered to give me back my scale after The Wombat arrives. I surprised myself and told him to keep it until January when I see my surgeon.
With all those post-partum hormones, I can easily see myself going off the deep end. Taking a few weeks off, eating the way I'm used to eating again, and spending time with my son will be a better choice for me than obsessing over a number on a scale. After I see my surgeon and discuss the issue, we'll re-evaluate the situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment