The other night I got a Facebook message from Twin.
"I want a belly pic. Get on it."
Okay, here's the thing...
I'm pretty adamant about the fact that I'm NOT doing belly pics/maternity photographs. There's a reason behind it. Honestly, most people can't tell I'm pregnant. A friend at work saw me the first week back and exclaimed, "I thought you were pregnant!"
I am...I just hide it well, I guess. People at work (parents) are shocked when they find out I'm pregnant and due in November. I'm 7 months pregnant and I really don't think I look it. SS swears you can tell (he's a good hubby like that). I can tell I'm pregnant because I know what I looked like before The Wombat. Though, there's a layer of jiggle over The Wombat. I don't like tight, clingy clothes. I never have, I never will. Plus, I wear a lot of dresses because The Wombat REALLY hates pants. Heaven help us that boy hates pants.
I do wonder if I should do a belly picture before The Wombat comes just because I'll wish I had once the Wombat is here. However, as it stands now, I'm not feeling the belly pictures.
I've made my peace with not being one of those "cute" pregnant ladies. So far, I've been so lucky with this pregnancy that not being a "cute" pregnant lady is just not important.
I think you should take a few belly pics for YOU. Not for us. I took some belly pics, but I don't think I shared them with the world. Like you, no one could even tell I was pregnant. I could, but I did not carry my pregnancy in a cute pregnant lady way. I just looked fat.
ReplyDeleteI have pictures that I know were taken two months before my due date and if I didn't KNOW for 100% sure that's when they were taken (they are vacation photos), I would not believe I was pregnant in them. Funny how that works, esp with first time moms! Let's not talk about the second pregnancy. . .