Saturday, May 25, 2013

Underestimated

It occurs to me over the past few weeks how much I have underestimated different aspects of my life.


  • I underestimated how difficult it would be to lose weight, even with weight loss surgery.  
  • I underestimated how easy it would be to revert back to old habits.
  • I underestimated how difficult it would be to break those habits.
  • I underestimated how hard it would be to find time to exercise with a baby that wakes up at 5, goes to sleep at 6:30 and you get home from work at 4.
  • I underestimated how much fun being a mom would be.
  • I underestimated the Mom Guilt.  Every. single. decision.  The guilt.  The constant fear that you're letting your child down or somehow scarring them for life.
  • I underestimated how solid my marriage is.  We've been through the ringer in the last 2 years and yet we're still together and still happy.
  • I underestimated how much I would miss the support of my family and friends once we had the Wombat.  Thank goodness for Skype.
I'm sure there are many other things I am leaving out...but these are the ones that stick in my mind right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment