![]() |
| Of course, this started happening as soon as we got back. We are in so much trouble. |
Now on to Friend Making Monday!
FMM: The Internet
1. Have you ever met anyone online before meeting them in person? Yep. See #3 for more details...
2. What is your opinion on social media’s impact on our society? Does it make life better or worse? Generally, I don't get too wrapped up in social media. I like it for the purpose of keeping up with friends and family. I keep hearing that I should be using Twitter in the classroom, but I just don't see the point of Twitter right now. My life is not that interesting! Now, if I had a Smartphone, I would be blowing up Instagram with pictures of The Wombat...so maybe it's best that I don't have a Smartphone.
3. Do you believe that it’s possible to fall in love with someone that you’ve never met in person? Considering I met my husband online and we've been together over 15 years (married 12.5), yeah, I think it's possible. :)
4. Do you prefer to shop in stores or online? It depends on the item. Clothes I pretty much have to try on these days. I never know what is going to fit. Everything else...well, I don't mind buying it online as long as there is free shipping.
5. What blogging platform do you use? (WordPress, Blogger, something else?) Blogger, it's fine. If I get a more interesting blog maybe I'd do self hosting but again, I'm just not that interesting (or consistent).
6. Have you ever blogged for another site? Would you? Nope
7. Do you use services like Netflix and Hulu? I use the free Hulu sometimes. We had Netflix, but they never had any recent movies on Instant streaming so we cancelled it. Since our Wii was stolen we don't have a medium to watch Netflix on a real tv so I doubt we'll be getting it anytime soon.
8. Would you prefer to get blog comments or to interact on twitter? As I said in #2, I really haven't figured out the point of Twitter so it's blog comments all the way.
9. Do you prefer to read books or e-books? E-books. However, if it's a book I really like or a series that I read, I also want the real book. I want to have my book and read it too. :)
10. Share at least one experience that you would not have had without being a blog author. I'm betting I wouldn't have met my husband so consider how VASTLY different my life would be. Different college, different job, different life.


I haven't visited your blog in a long time, but it's great to see you on here. Congrats on your success with online dating. Your story gives me hope!
ReplyDeleteI'm linking over from alltheweigh.com. I also met my hubby online although it was only 9 years ago. Glad to see somebody else did so as well!
ReplyDelete