I got *the* e-mail today confirming that my surgeon will be closing his program. Well, hell. Honestly, on the one hand, I'm devastated. I feel very fortunate that I found a surgeon that I like, I trust, and is supportive. I've come to realize not everyone has that in a doctor. While I want him to do what is best for him and his family, I find myself wanting to shout "What about me!?"
On the other hand, this did not hit me out of the blue. I've been hoping for the best while expecting the worst for weeks. SS was his super self and got on the horn immediately to get my December appointment moved up so that I can get copies of my records and whatever other documents I feel I may need and ask any questions I may have.
In other news, the scale and I have made up. Well, in all honesty, I bought a new scale and made it my friend. My old scale was wonky. Depending how I stood on it, I got a number anywhere from a ten pound loss to a one pound gain. Uh, ex-squeeze me? New scale puts me at 97 pounds lost. Woohoo! I'm hoping to be at 100 pounds by the weekend.
I'm also in the market for a new ob/gyn. I chose a doctor recommended by a friend I trust. However, the two times I've been to see the doctor I've been seen by the PA. Don't get my wrong, it's not that she's a PA that is the problem. I love my surgeon's PA. She's wonderful. This PA however is awful. She's borderline rude. Yes, I know I'm overweight. But cutting me off before I finish my sentence doesn't convince me you know what you're talking about. It just pisses me off.
I called and switched my appointment to the actual doctor last month. I made it clear, I. want. to. see. the. doctor. NOT. the. PA. I went in last week and who waltzes in the door for my appointment...THE PA. That's it, I'm done. I decided long ago that I am not going to waste my time with doctors I don't like. I grew to really dislike my pediatrician growing up (sorry, Mom, but I did) and I refuse to dread going to the doctor anymore. So I'm on the hunt for a new doctor. I plan to ask my surgeon's office if they have someone who is familiar with RNY patients they recommend. If they don't have anyone, I'll continue to ask around school and my primary care doctor.
No comments:
Post a Comment