Today is my one year surgi-versary.
Wow.
On one hand, I can't believe it's already been a year! On the other hand, it's only been a year!?
So much has changed in a year. It took almost 8 months, but I can finally see the physical changes in myself. My face is much thinner. I have collar bones! Granted, I still see the things I don't like (bat wings, anyone?), but I'm getting better at accepting those and embracing the good things that are happening.
The easier changes to see are the other changes. The fact that I have two to three times the energy I used to have. How about that I'm entertaining the idea of attempting Couch to 5k? A year ago, not gonna happen.
Though I am still about 100 pounds from where I want to be, I'm more than halfway to my goal and that's good enough for me. Here's to fixing the things I wish I did better and maintaining the things I feel like I'm doing right.
No comments:
Post a Comment