One of the side effects of my surgery, is being constantly cold. In the winter, I can relate. I've never been so cold in all my life as I was this winter...and that was BEFORE we went to Ohio. I no longer like air conditioning blowing directly on me. I don't set my classroom thermostat at 68 and tell the kids to deal with it. 74 is much more comfortable for me. Of course, seeing as my air conditioner is now broken and they're not fixing it until July, the thermostat setting is moot. (Nevermind it's been 90+ for the past 3 weeks)
I honestly spent the winter hoping this cold susceptibility would carry over into the summer. Pre-op / my entire life I had not handled heat well. When it gets over 90 outside, my body would freak out. Heat was not my friend. So when our latest heat wave hit, I began to wonder how I would react.
Verdict: I still don't tolerate heat well. True, I'm better up to about 88 or so, but once we're over 90, I'm done. It's almost panic inducing for me. Why I chose to live in the South, I'll never know.
So while a lot of my life has changed...some things remain the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment