Sunday, November 20, 2011

Busy, busy

How is it already the week of Thanksgiving?  Time is just racing by.

SS and I had a fantastic trip last weekend.  The conference was lots of fun and I got some really great ideas that I'm planning to use this year.

However, our trip to Blacksburg was amazing.  I don't know if everyone feels this way about their alma mater, but it's like going home.  I love Blacksburg.

Doesn't everyone want a shrubbery in the shape of a VT in their front yard?  No?  Just me?  Hunh.
It's easy to forget how much when we visit so infrequently.  This visit was so different than our previous visit or even my college years.  We walked for 5 hours straight.  Big hill outside SS's building?  Sure!  Let's walk it.  Long trek across the drill field?  BRING IT ON!

If we didn't walk across the drill field, we'd have missed the beautiful view!
We even got to see the Hokie Bird (and I gave him a high five).
SS and I have pretty much decided we'd like to move back there someday...permanently.  We're working on making that happen, but for right now, it's just a dream.  When we got home, I found this article which didn't surprise me at all.

As for that front, we met with my ob/gyn who answered some questions and basically outlined our options (IVF or IUI).  She's getting us a referral to the clinic in Charlotte so that's our next step.  Oh, and SS has to do another test after he's been on the medicine the quack prescribed.  I feel bad that's he's being put through all these tests (some of which have been/will be painful).  I hope it's what he wants too.  I think it is.  So now, we wait for the clinic in Charlotte to call with our appointment.

Also worthy of note, I have my 18 month appointment with my surgeon December 9th.  I'm looking forward to seeing him and tell him of my experience with the quack.  I'm disappointed in my weight loss, so I'm looking forward to getting some advice for him on how to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment