Sunday, February 5, 2012

Checkin' in

Not a whole lot to report.  I lost 2 pounds this week which puts me 10 pounds from 200 pounds lost.  TEN MEASLY POUNDS!  Of course, it will take me until June to lose those frickin' things, but they WILL be gone.  Ideally, I'd like to lose another 50 pounds but I'm trying to be okay with the amount I've lost now.  One hundred and ninety pounds lost is nothing to sneeze at.  Fifty more pounds would put me at my goal weight, but my body just may not do it.  Sometimes my body hates me...sometimes it does what I want, just to confuse me.  I just keep telling myself everything from this point on is gravy. 

In other news, Pinterest has reignited my love of cookies (ahahaha, I totally meant to write cooking, but cookies is true, too).  I planned out our weekly  menu, including crock pot meals for the nights SS and I get home late.  No more grabbing junk just because we're getting home late or I forgot to get the meat out of the freezer that morning.  I finally figured out that given time, I love to cook.  It's the cooking after a full day of work that kills me.  Yesterday, I made this and these.  Today, I'm making these, this, and a mini this

SS picked up another part time job...does this make 4 or 5?  It has the potential to lead to a full-time position so I'm dealing with the negative aspects of the position (him working a few hours each weekend).  I miss him while he's gone, but honestly, I do enjoy my alone time.  When he's home, I like to spend time with him so the housework suffers.  However, with him gone for a few hours, I can clean the house, try a new recipe, watch my girlie shows, and do all the things I don't do when he's home.  I just have to keep reminding myself that this is temporary.  His schedule isn't ALWAYS going to be the opposite of mine. 

Some days it takes more convincing to remind me of that than others.  Luckily, he's good at reminding me on those difficult days.  I have great friends, a loving family, a job I enjoy.  I'm a lucky girl.

2 comments:

  1. Came by from FMM, but read back to this post since you referenced it and it sounded interesting. My husband works on Sundays and honestly, for the most part, I love the solo hours. I'm the same as you -- I'd rather not clean when we're together, or nag him into watching my trashy shows, or leave him solo while I hang out w/ my friends, so it's nice to have the solo day to do that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pssst - I so miss you! If things were different, I could run over in my slippers and hang out (and dance) with you while SS was away :-) Just sayin' Oh, and I'd of course rub a certain kitty's belly too.

    ReplyDelete