Monday, March 12, 2012

FMM: Bookworms

I know I haven't been here much.  I apologize.  There is a lot going on right now and I've promised SS to keep it all off the blog.  Right now, I'm adjusting my dietary goals and mindset.  Once decisions are made and we have plan of action, I will share.  I promise!

It's Monday and time for Friend Makin' Monday!  Don't forget to visit Kenlie's blog and link up your answers!


FMM: Bookworms (Revisited) 

  1. How often do you read for pleasure?  During the school year, not very much.  I keep my Kindle in my purse in case I get stuck somewhere, but with work I'm just so busy reading falls to the back burner.  In the summer, I read constantly.
  2. Are you currently reading a book?  If so, which one?  I'm about halfway through How to Murder a Millionaire by Nancy Martin.  It's the first book in the Blackbird Sisters Mystery series.  I grabbed it on a whim and I'm really enjoying it.
  3. Do you subscribe to any magazines and/or newspapers?  If so, which ones? I get Everyday with Rachael Ray (though, I don't like the new format and may not renew my subscription), Food Network Magazine, and Food and Family.  What can I say?  I like to cook!
  4. Do you prefer reading traditional books or using an e-reader?  I like cheap.  I love having my Kindle in my purse because I can read trashy mysteries and no one knows that I'm reading mindless fiction instead of best sellers.
  5. How often do you go to the bookstore?  Rarely.  I refuse to pay full price for a book.  Now, we just had a used bookstore open up in my town and I must admit, I love it.  All the fun of a bookstore at rock bottom prices.  Wheeee!
  6. Do you read at the gym? I don't go to the gym.  However, I could do a audio book while I work out.  The problem would be focusing on the story while I space out.  (Yes, I space out while working out.)
  7. Have you ever been a member of a book club?  No, the pressure to read a book by a certain time reminds me too much of high school.  But more importantly, I've never been asked. 
  8. Do you wear glasses when you read? I can, but I don't have to.  I generally take my glasses off when I read.
  9. Has anyone read the Hunger Games?  If so, would you recommend it? Haven't read it.  Really don't plan to read it.  I know a lot of people rave about it, but it's just not my kind of book.  I don't like the genre.  That being said, I didn't think I'd like the Twilight series and I read that in a week so what do I know?
  10. What is your favorite thing about reading?  It's an escape from the world around me!  When I'm reading, I can be anywhere!

3 comments:

  1. I often think that I am missing something by not reading Twilight, but I just can't force myself to try it.

    I think I'm the only woman in America that hasn't read it yet.

    here via FMM
    justemily.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's another reason that I love my Kindle - no one needs to know what I'm reading. (Although I don't think that you should ever be ashamed of whatever you're reading).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think I'd like The Hunger Games either... but I got hooked.

    ReplyDelete